Epoxy Flooring And Why It Is Beneficial
First of all, what is epoxy flooring? Is this the same with epoxy coating? Well, let me make it clear that though they have the same similarities and that is in the material used, but they differ in thickness. When the application is less than 2 millimeters, then that is only epoxy coating. Epoxy flooring therefore must be at least 2 millimeters thick. You might be wondering what the material is with this type of flooring? To answer your curiosity, the material used in here is resin and hardeners. These two ingredients are mixed together so that they can form a type of flooring that is really durable you can used them on floors that are heavily used like in your garage or industrial sites. There are different types of epoxy flooring that you can choose and you can research about it online.
What I will discuss here is the benefits of epoxy flooring and they are well enumerated below:
- First and foremost benefit is the fact that any concrete flooring covered with epoxy is very durable thus they are most of the time used in garages, factories and any other areas where heavy traffic are expected. With this type of flooring, you will be able to save from any renovations and you will not be wary even if large vehicles will pass through it a number of times every day.
- It will save you a lot of time being this type of flooring can be installed quickly. That is why, if you are temporarily shutting down production, that will be just for a short time and sooner than you think, business will resume immediately.
- Another thing is that maintenance with this type of flooring is at the same time minimal being it is non-porous. No pollutants can hide in any dents or cracks as the floor is completely sealed and you can have a clean floor.
- The best thing about this type of flooring is that they are not only durable; they can also be really beautiful to look at. Epoxy Floors Gold Coast comes in an array of colors to choose from thus even if you are using this for your garage, you can still fit with the outer furnishings of your house or your factory.
- One of the traits of epoxy flooring is that it is chemical resistant. Even if it will be constantly exposed to any kinds of chemicals like when you will have the epoxy flooring in your warehouses, it will not be affected.
- When it comes to safety, then trust that no one will slip or met an accident with epoxy flooring as they are the safest to use. It is even resistant to fire or extreme impacts.
Knowing how advantageous epoxy flooring can be, there is actually no reason for you not to have it. With them in your garage, or some other areas where heavy traffics are expected, you can trust they will still look the same like you just have them installed.
Read Also : Concrete Resurfing