Gas Fitter: What To Know
What is a gas fitter?
He or she works in installing, maintaining and repairing natural gas equipment, appliances and fixtures. It can also be those regulators, gas meters, burners and valves that are in commercial or industrial facilities and even in residential areas.
Other than those stated, a gas fitter is also responsible working on the pipings where gas will pass to provide gas supply to people. Liquid petroleum gas or can be natural gas, pass on the pipes from the source going to outlets for people’s consumption and use.
What does gas fitter need to posses?
Other than being responsible to the result of their work, it is also necessary that they have:
• Enough practical and technical skills. This is something a gas fitter can get from certifications or from working as an apprentice.
• They need to have skills to analyze the problem and give solution to that after. It is necessary that gas related issues should be resolved the soonest possible time and that is what a gas fitter can do.
• It is necessary that they have a good hand and eye coordination and a steady hand of course. A gas fitter should be highly particular to details as the work that a gas fitter completes has no room for error.
• It is necessary that they follow methods as they perform the task. It is not a trial and error process where you can make errors and re do the entire process after committing error.
• One of the characteristic they need to possess highly is their ability to manage safety and security, not just for their customers but as well as for themselves. Gas can be highly risky, thus it is only necessary that this will be handled with the highest possible safety and security.
What service they can provide
They are highly responsible working on all aspects of gas fitting workload, from household to agriculture to industrial building and commercial offices or businesses. Gas fitter in Brisbane is highly needed to perform different tasks and their readiness to work on both hot and dirty conditions can sometimes be required. They are working on LPG and natural gas, thus you yourself may have an idea about the nature of their work.
Just like plumbers, a gas fitter work using their hands and power tools like spanners, wrenches, saws, welding gears and cutters etc. They do all work possible to ensure that pipes can carry on gas and sustain the highest security and safety as it transports from the source down to outlets for people to consume and utilise.