The Job of Electrical Contractors
An electrical contractor is a professional prepared for the installations and machine domains. They become competent through training for the construction, installation, maintenance, modification and repair of such tools, whether they are for indoor or outdoor use.
As part of their job, a set of rules on specific technical standards must be followed. They are verified by authorised competent individuals. Electricians can work to install a system in the initial phase, an installation or after the maintenance. They are tradesmen that can start a company, in which case they require authorisation from a specialised institution of its kind in authorisation or be an employee of a company specialising in electrical power.
Generally, the place to practice for an electrician is in a company of electrical service (installation and/or equipment, appliances), in installation and/or maintenance (conservation), a production company (industrial, economic etc.), a supply and distribution of electricity company or a technical commercial electric company.
Skills and Capabilities
Electricians must have professional skills enabling them to be a part of:
• Installation of installations and networks according to technical documentations
• Installation and commissioning of running appliances, machinery and equipment in normal operating parameters
• Carrying out technical inspections, maintenance and repairs to facilities, machinery and equipment
• Carrying out maintenance and repairs on automated installation
• Implementation of technical modifications and rebuild installations
• Perform measurements after installation and/or repair of machinery and evaluation of their technical condition
Some activities in the field of telecommunication techniques may be included in the field of competence of electricians for a proper training course. However, it remains a clear distinction in terms of training programs for electrical and electronics and consistent between their professional skills further.
Specifically, electricians install, maintain installations and equipment. They also install, maintain (preserve) and repair appliances and means of operation such as:
• Devices and connecting elements and switch
• Industrial and commercial machinery
• Machines, electric motors
• Electrical outlets and contact links
• Electric lighting equipment, electric lamps
• Household appliance
For working in installation and machinery, electricians use tools to fit their purpose and circumstances that contribute to the quality assurance work and to their protection such as pliers, screwdrivers, soldering wire and portable drill, among others.
Visit Hankinson Electrical for more details.