Things To Know About Concrete X-ray
You might mistake concrete x-ray with ground penetrating radar. They are two different things actually. Just like when a doctor wants to make sure that everything is okay with your body thus an x-ray will be performed, concrete x-ray is also used so that if there are elements under the concrete slab that might cause some problems with the bottom line of the workers. This is now greatly used before construction of residences, commercial buildings and industrial building as well. This is also used even when just doing some renovations especially when the focus is the flooring. The GPR though is almost with the same function and in fact, this is now getting more popular. This is also used to check if there are elements within the concrete slabs with the same purpose as the concrete x-ray. Well, you might say that they only differ in some minor ways.
This article though will talk about some of the things that concrete x-ray can generate and they are listed below:
– When it comes to the cost, it is said that the use of concrete x-ray is more expensive. This could be because the process is more complicated though more effective as well. But then again, if you want to make sure that your project will go smoothly, then you should invest money in it as in time, it will be more profitable.
– A concrete x-ray device can determine the location of the problem like rebar or conduits and some other elements that might cause delays of the project and it can also determine their depth. This way, one can easily plan well how to provide the solution.
– Not only that, it can even determine between similar materials and can determine whether the materials found are or conduits. This is really important you know as this will give the contractor idea if what must be done like if the elements found are hazardous to the project or if they are no threats and they can just go on with the project instead.
– However, being nothing is perfect in this world, there are minimal hazards that this device can generate. But then again, as this is known already and if this is executed by the pros, then such hazards should be avoided.
– Do you know that a concrete x ray device can also help in determining the demolition cost? Yes it does and this adds to the functionality of the device. Yes, you can say indeed that a concrete x-ray procedure is almost a must before any building construction, may this building is new or existing and only for renovation. With the many function of a concrete x-ray device, work will be faster then and without worries in the end of the owner.
Since there are already a number of companies that provide this kind of service, you should first check their device and their expertise in using it. Note that the functions may not be the same with every device.